1. We believe in only one true and living God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one. They are equal in nature, power, and glory—Duet. 6:4; John 17:3; I John 5:7.
2. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the revealed and written Word of God, and the only true rule of faith and practice—II Tim. 3:16; Rom. 15:4; II Peter 1:20, 21.
3. We believe in the everlasting and unchangeable love of God and that before the foundation of the world, the Father did elect a certain number of the human race unto everlasting salvation—Eph. 1:4; II Tim. 1:9; I Peter 1:2; John 15:6; Eph. 2:10.
4. We believe in the fall of man, and that he is incapable of recovering himself from his guilt and death in sin—Psalm 14:3; Rom. 3:9-20, 3:23, 5:12; Eph. 2:1-3.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ existed from all eternity as the eternal Son of God. We believe that in fulfilling His part of the everlasting covenant of grace, He assumed human nature, was born of a virgin, and that He walked on earth as God manifest in the flesh. He really suffered as the Substitute and Surety of God’s elect (and them only), bearing their sins and paying the just penalty of their sins to the justice of God. His death fully satisfied the justice of God and obtained eternal redemption for God’s elect—John 1:18; Phil. 2:5-8; Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Gal. 4:4; Matt. 1:21; John 10:15; Heb. 9:12, 10:10-12.
6. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God by the imputed righteousness of Christ—Rom. 3:24, 4:25; Titus 3:5-7.
7. We believe that God’s elect shall be called and regenerated by the Holy Spirit in this life, at some point between their conception and death. We believe the Holy Spirit’s work in regeneration, or the new birth, is always effectual, and is accomplished without the assistance or cooperation of man—John 3:8, 6:37; Rom. 8:28-30; II Tim. 1:9, 10; James 1:18; II Peter 1:2.
8. We believe the saints shall be preserved in grace and never finally fall away. Though they struggle with the lingering effects of a depraved sin nature and the assaults of the world and Satan, they will never lose nor be robbed of their faith. By God’s grace they will overcome the world, bear spiritual fruit and are more than conquerors through Christ. Nothing can separate them from the love of God.—John 10:27-29; Rom. 7:15-24, 8:38, 39; I Peter 1:5; I John 5:1-5; Jude 24.
9. We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a general judgment; and that the punishment of the wicked and the joys of the righteous will be eternal—Matt. 25:32, 34, 41, 46; John 5:28, 29; Acts 17:31, 24:15; II Cor. 5:10.
10. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of Christ, to be continued until His second coming and that believers are the only proper subjects for baptism and that immersion is the only mode, and that none except those who have been regularly baptized are admitted in the communion service; and that the washing of the saints’ feet is an example of love and humility which should be practiced by the members of our church—Matt. 3:15-17; Luke 22:19, 20; John 3:23, 13:13-15; Acts 8:37,38.
11. We believe that the church of Jesus Christ is the highest ecclesiastical authority on earth, subject alone unto Christ her Head, for all her acts and that her form of government is congregational, each member having an equal voice—Acts 6:3; II Cor. 2:6; Col. 1:18.
This post is also available in: Spanish